The label "Mountainbiker willkommen"
In 25 Harz towns and villages your hosts will know what mountain bikers need. They all display the sign "Mountainbiker willkommen" (mountain bikers welcome).For example, you will get lots of vitamins and carbohydrates for breakfast, lunch packs and perhaps an extra water bottle so that the tour can go on a little longer.
You are guaranteed to find accommodation to suit your taste. The mountain-bike-friendly hosts are as varied as the needs of the bikers. Group accommodation, holiday flats, small and cosy or large and comfortable hotels with extensive wellness facilities await you in the Harz. The message is the same everywhere: "mountain bikers welcome“.
Here mountain bikers are welcome! You will always find
- a lockable storage area for your bikes
- the possibility to wash your bikes
- tools for minor repairs
- a vitamin and carbohydrate-rich breakfast (except with self-catering)
- biker lunch packs and drinks to take along (except with self-catering)
- uncomplicated help with your problems
- information about the nearby mountain bike routes of the Volksbank Arena Harz
- accommodation for only one night if required
- support with transport of luggage and
- the possibility to wash and dry dirty clothes
Many hosts offer much more than this. Often, there are special package deals for mountain bikers, up-to-date MTB magazines, a bikers' notice board, internet access for guests, GPS rental (with routes), wellness facilities, and information about local attractions and public transport.